I started digging through my recipe box trying to find stuff we haven't had in awhile and stumbled across this recipe for a really easy Chicken Pesto Pasta. I'm not quite sure why it got so far buried in the depths of the bamboo box but it was resurrected this week for a delicious meal that only takes about thirty minutes at the most. It's a perfect meal for me to make during the week. Hope you enjoy!
3 c uncooked farfalle pasta
1 lb chicken breasts, cut into cubes
1 tsp of butter or olive oil
1 can cream of chicken soup (I use the low fat/ low sodium version and it turns out great)
1/2 c prepared pesto (I've made my own in the past but store bought is tasty and faster)
1/2 c milk
couple handfuls of shredded Parmigiano Reggiano cheese or whatever cheese you have on hand
1. Cook pasta according to the package directions. Mine took about eleven minutes for al dente.
2. Melt the butter in a large skillet and cook the chicken until cooked through.
3. Add in the soup, pesto, and milk. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add pasta to skillet and toss to coat.
5. Top with some Parmigiano Reggiano and enjoy.
Not sophisticated but definitely damn tasty. And it makes enough leftovers for another meal. Any night where I don't have to cook is a great night.
- ► 2013 (74)
- Easy Weeknight Chicken Pesto Pasta
- Taking Advantage of You
- What's Your Definition of "Uh Oh"?
- Cheap Entertainment
- Q&A: Fill in the Blanks
- To the Doubters
- Crafting With the Kiddo
- Happy Valentine's Day!
- Mama Said Knock You Out and Other Fun Toddler Thin...
- The After Pictures: Dining Room and Entry Way
- Go Vote!
- Wearing the Silver Ribbon
- New Kicks
- I am a Child of the 90's
- ▼ February (14)
- ► 2011 (133)