My Little Man is two. Now this is my first time through the two's so those of you who have a toddler or older, help me out here. Is it normal for them to completely lose their shit when they hit two? Sully's had some impressive tantrums the past few months but the amount and sheer size of the tantrums has increased recently to the point I've been tempted to call for an exorcism. We go through the same morning routine on the weekends as we do during the week so yesterday morning, Mac was changing his diaper and getting him dressed when he started crying. We asked him what's wrong and he fell to the ground face first and proceeded to just wail. Mac and I just looked at each other in complete confusion. I didn't have the foggiest freaking clue what the heck he wanted. Deciphering some words is iffy on the best of days but when he's shooting snot and tears out at full volume, it could be some sort of Hungarian gypsy dialect for all I know. After a few minutes we realized he wanted his cars, which we parked in the hallway the night before. Holy crap, kid, really? That was it?
Those are the kind of things we're having more often now. The usual tantrums for fruit snacks or whatever I can handle. We just make sure he's not going to hurt himself and walk away. What's up with the head banging? That baffles me. It can't feel good, banging his head on our slate floor. He does it even when we walk away. Normally leaving him stops the screaming quickly because he knows he's not going to get attention and he needs his head kissed because he hit it too hard. Oy vey. But these random screaming fits are annoying. We're slowing realizing it is usually about his cars but last night he freaked out when I went to the bathroom. He hadn't paid any attention to me for a good twenty minutes but the minute I choose to close the damn door, massive freakout. This leads me to his other "fun" new thing: "Mimi, here, now!" Oh that's fun. Now I've got a bossy dictator as well as a non stop wailing alarm. One of my friends asked me how Sully was doing and my response was "Well....he's 2 so he's awesome 90% of the time and completely unhinged the other 10%".
Hooray for toddlers....or something like that.
- ▼ 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (155)
- ► 2011 (133)